Table Of Content
- Flu Symptoms Getting You Down? A Few Tips To Get Back In The Game!
- For savvy consumers: Get these valuable ebooks & plans for healthy eating now!
- Who Else Wants A Healthy Grocery List – One Food At A Time?
Flu Symptoms Getting You Down? A Few Tips To Get Back In The Game!
It’s that time of year again. Come fall, and all around you, people are blowing their noses, or sniffling, or down with fluey aches and pains, taking time off from work or school. Flu symptoms can vary quite a bit too, here’s how to know if you have the flu.
If you do have the flu, or even a plain old cold, there are a couple of simple, yet effective steps you can take:
- Starve the cold: Go on a juice fast. You can have a variety of fruit and vegetable juices, organic is preferable. Add a generous amount of ginger (if you can tolerate it) and lemon to the juices to help fight the infection.
- Rest, avoid stress. If need be, take time off from work/school so you give your body a chance to heal. Get adequate sleep too.
- Down some hot herbal teas: Hot liquids that are also heating will do wonders to cut down your misery. Some hot teas you can try are ginger tea, echinacea tea to boost your immunity; or sage tea..
- Horseradish to open up a blocked nose: Did you know the white wobbly root that you see at the grocery store can give you quick relief from blocked or infected sinuses? Here’s what you need to do: grate a piece of horseradish, put a spoonful into your mouth, and hold it there for some time. You can chew on it like a cow, but keep it in your mouth for a bit till you feel the warm fumes traveling up your nose. do this several times a day for a few days.
- Garlic: Bump up your garlic consumption, raw is better. You can make your favorite watery soup (remember, light food is better during these times), and just after you turn the heat off, add some chopped or grated garlic to the mix. Or you could simply swallow 3-4 cloves of grated garlic, quickly washing it down with water to avoid the typical garlic breath. Fennel seeds are said to remove some of the garlicky odors from your body too.
- Avoid Dairy except: All dairy, including cheeses, milk et al are highly mucusy foods. Since your body is trying to get rid of mucus and toxins now, you do not want to add more mucus to the mix. There is one exception: hot milk and turmeric is a known infection fighter. Simply boil some milk, add a 1/2-3/4 tsp of turmeric powder to it, and sip it; this drink is surprisingly tasty too.
- Elderberry syrup: Elderberries are a powerhouse of anti-inflammatory and anti-viral nutrients. You can either make your own syrup with this recipe (get the elderberries here); or you can use a store-bought elderberry syrup.
- Potassium Broth to heal: This broth is highly healing and soothing, try it.
- Stay hydrated: Hopefully all the recipes and pointers we just gave you will keep you hydrated. take care also to drink plenty of distilled or filtered water.
- Stay Warm: Curl up under the blankets with your favorite book or movie or simply meditate or sleep. A sauna may also do you wonders, but don’t do it if you are dehydrated.
There, it’s all quite simple right? Tell us if any of these worked for you, we’d love to hear from you.
For savvy consumers: Get these valuable ebooks & plans for healthy eating now!
A dead-easy healthy snacks list for you to eat clean and healthy every day. Simply stock up on these no-junk snacks, and put your money and your health back into your pocket.
[su_button url=”http://www.foodsniffr.com/healthy_snacks_story_v1.0.html?utm_source=blog&utm_medium=promo&utm_campaign=blog_promo” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#b75628″ color=”#000000″ size=”8″ center=”yes”]Get it now![/su_button]
Most gluten free diets fail miserably because a lot of GF foods are pure junk. Get this quick and dirty list of 10 clean GF snacks. Start flirting with health. GET THIS EBOOK NOW AT 40% OFF – LIMITED COPIES LEFT.
[su_button url=”http://www.foodsniffr.com/gluten_free-snacks_jc1.html?utm_source=blog&utm_medium=promo&utm_campaign=blog_promo” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#b75628″ color=”#000000″ size=”8″ center=”yes”]Get it now![/su_button]
Sign up for this fantastic healthy and clean grocery list tool; get out of the dark, leap into a whole new healthy world.
[su_button url=”http://www.foodsniffr.com/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#b75628″ color=”#000000″ size=”8″ center=”yes”]Sign up now![/su_button]
COMING SOON: List of 10 BEST GLUTEN FREE BREADS TO BUY AT THE GROCERY STORE. Sign up below and join our mailing list to get updates!
Who Else Wants A Healthy Grocery List – One Food At A Time?
The vast majority of grocery foods in America are dirty, and junky, with additives and chemicals that should not be part of food at all. If you want to get a grip on your grocery list and your health, read on…