Baking Soda Treatment For A Hot Sitz Bath
Aside from Epsom salt, you can also use baking soda in order to make a good solution for a hot sitz bath. In this article, we are going to tackle the ways on how to make your baking soda hot sitz bath, and find out about the benefits of using baking soda rather than salt. Hot sitz bath is very beneficial to people who have just had a surgery for hemorrhoids, because this can ease you from the pain brought on by the open wound, and the scratchy feeling as well.
Hot sitz bath with baking soda can also make recuperation quick. Aside from that, it can also cure vaginal infection brought on by yeast. There are actually many benefits of a hot sitz bath.
Itching, burning sensation, and tenderness, are just a few of the things that you will be experiencing if you have vaginal infection or if you underwent hemorrhoid surgery. Although warm water and salt can ease the irritation, adding baking soda will enhance the effectiveness of hot sitz bath.
Steps To Follow
To make your baking soda solution, follow the simple steps below:
1. In a shallow basin or bathtub, collect an ample amount of water that can cover your buttocks. It is better if the water reaches your hip area aswell, making sure that you will be able to soak the affected part entirely. The water should be just hot enough, but take care you do not burn yourself. The water should be bearable enough for you to sit for at least 20 minutes.
2. With a spoon, scoop in at least 5 baking soda in to the bathtub or basin. Stir it with your spoon and ensure that the baking soda is fully dissolved in the water.
3. Once the baking soda is fully dissolved, sit on it, and stay there for at least 20 minutes, or until the water is cold. The more you are able to soak, the better, because baking soda has a lot of properties that can kill bacteria causing infection and irritation as well.
4. After soaking for 20 minutes or so, dry your body with a soft cloth. Avoid using towels because cotton towels can easily scratch the affected area.
5. The hot sitz bath with baking soda can be done three times a day, or depending on your doctor’s advice.
Do check with your doctor about this procedure first. He will be able to give you the right advice in order to promote faster recovery. Do not try to mix anything in your hot sitz bath, especially if not prescribed by your doctor. It might cause more irritation and discomfort in the end.
[This article contains affiliate links; we make a small commission when you buy off these links. We hope you will support us.]